This slightly different formula isn't a direct competition against other builders, but more of a score attack event: you can build up to eight entries, one per town, and you get points for the quality of each build. Then, your final rank is determined by adding up each entry's score. This means that everyone can win prizes if they apply themselves enough!
You can easily reach any of the building sites using the main rails that have recently been completed on each world.
Here's Sora with the full details!
It's contest time again!
This time, we're looking towards two worlds that don't get much attention these days, Rodinia and Gondwana!
Unlike Laurasia, these two worlds have never had cities or towns in their farthest four directions; that's where you come in! The objective will be to build up these 8 cities into something substantial, each city having its own theme based on its location.
Each city is at the end of the mainline rails of the world's four cardinal directions; or for simpler reference, endpoint cities.
Event date: Feb. 1st -> Feb. 29th
Boreas: Underground mining town
Notus: Underwater City
Euros: Desert City
Zephyrus: Mountainous NPC Village
Xanthi: Coastal Savannah City
Troezen: Mountainous City
Heraklion: Floating City
Miletus: Mesa City
- Attention to Theme
- Use of terrain
- Creativity of Design
One plot per person per town, for a max of 8 separate entries per person - no joining with a main account and an alt! Each entry is judged out of 10 points per criteria, and perfect score is 30 points per entry.
In addition to the contest, event night is being brought to Rodinia and Gondwana, with their own TARDIS network linked to the endpoint contest cities. Cities will be accessible for free-build after the end of the contest.
Boreas - Builds can go deeper, but not touch the glass ceiling
Notus - Builds should not pass the water's surface
Heraklion - Builds should not go below the water's surface more than 1 block
- 3rd Place Between 50 and 130 Points
- 2nd Place Between 131 and 210 Points
- 1st Place Between 211 and 240 Points
- Highest scoring person earns an extra reward - S rank mystery science item
- First Place: 50 Merit Points. 5 Merit Vouchers. A rank mystery science bundle*
- Second Place: 30 Merit Points. 4 Merit Vouchers. B rank mystery science bundle*
- Third Place: 10 Merit Points. 3 Merit Voucher. C rank mystery science bundle*
- Judges: 5 Merit Points. 1 Merit Voucher. (Volunteers welcome! Three positions open)
* Science bundles will contain both combat and non-combat items, everyone will benefit!