Minecraft 1.6 is expected to be officially released tomorrow. This new game version will require all players to get a new launcher. However, the server will most likely not be updated for a few weeks as we wait for the next Bukkit update. As such, in order to keep on playing with us, you will have to stick to the current launcher.
Keep an eye on this space for future updates!
I'd like to remind all players that Saturday nights are Events Nights!
Starting at around 9pm Eastern time and lasting a few hours, this is the time where teleporters are enabled around the server. This allows players to quickly move from one location to another to enjoy the various activities available, and do so without losing their inventories upon death. This is the perfect opportunity for those looking to join in group activities such as PvP battles, or achieve dangerous feats that they wouldn't dare to try otherwise such as the Nether Coaster!
If you want to hear more about what events are available, just ask us on the server!
While I have been busy for the past few weeks, leading to a few nights to start late or being outright cancelled, I'm back on track to make sure that everyone can enjoy this at it's fullest!
First things first, thank you everyone who decided to enter our fancy houses contest! With 22 applicants, this event attracted many more players than I expected and is a clear success! Many people took the time to craft original buildings that showed a lot of creative thinking.
Three judges scored all houses from 0 to 10: Dr. Cossack, Sphenicus and WindRider739, based on the criterias outlined in the original announcement.
Without wasting any further time, THE WINNERS:
- First place: Texasmassacre - $20 Amazon.com giftcard
- Second place: Anonymous_SoFar - Diamond Sword with Looting III and Sharpness IV
- Third place: Phrogie - Diamond Pickaxe with Silk Touch I and Efficiency IV
You will all be contacted in-game in order to claim your prize. Congratulations! All entries, with their score and comments from our judges, can be viewed right here. Beware of the image-heavy page!
With the end of this contest, the town of Oak Hills is now available for all general construction work. If you have a house there, feel free to update it as you see fit; likewise, if you want to move there, you're welcomed to!
With the success of this, we're already looking at planning more contests in the future. As usual, keep an eye on this space for more information!
A glitch unfortunately hit the area of Port Townshend tonight, and I was forced to restore the area based on a backup from two weeks ago.
If you lost supplies because of this, please contact me or one of the server ops and we will compensate you. I'm sorry that this happened!
I'd like to remind all participants of our fancy house building contest that, from the time of this post, you have 72 hours left to complete your build! With 20 people picking a lot in Oak Hills, the judging period should prove interesting. I suggest to everyone who started construction to wrap things up before the end of Saturday!
It's time for a new building contest! The theme is fancy houses!
I've developed a new building ground near Central for this, called Oak Hills. To find it, go to Central then take the overland train line toward Victoria. Continue past the desert settlement. You'll arrive at a fork, where you need to take the line identified as "Oak Hills". The next stop is your destination!
Each contestant can use a single 20x20 lot as building ground. There are currently 9 available locations, marked with fences, and more will be added if several players are interested in participating.
- The theme is fancy houses. They can be built out of anything you want, as long as the result would be a good fit for a nice neighborhood.
- Each player can claim a single 20x20 lot to build.
- The houses can't step over or beyond the fences in any way.
- Basements are allowed, but again, they can't stretch beyond the lot's limits.
- The wooden fences can be replaced with something else, although you'd better ask your neighbors first!
- Outside AND inside counts! Make it interesting and realistic!
- As with anything else on the server, this is survival only. You need to gather your materials first, then get building!
- You have two weeks from now to get your building done. The contest will close on June 15th at 23:59.
Since what is a good contest without prizes? :-) The following will be offered:
- First place: $20 Amazon.com (or .ca) giftcard, offered by Dr. Cossack
- Second place: in-game, refurbished Diamond Sword with Looting III and Sharpness IV, offered by WindRider739
- Third place: in-game, brand new Diamond Pickaxe with Silk Touch I and Efficiency IV, offered by MaximumRose
The houses will be judged on how well they stick to the theme and the creativity used in designing them. Realism is key: create lifelike indoor layouts to score the most points! Three players from the server will evaluate each house to determine the winners.
New player? You need to register to play on the Creeper's Lab, but it's automatic and you'll be playing within minutes! Get started, we'd like to have you with us!