It's time for a new building contest! The theme is fancy houses!
I've developed a new building ground near Central for this, called Oak Hills. To find it, go to Central then take the overland train line toward Victoria. Continue past the desert settlement. You'll arrive at a fork, where you need to take the line identified as "Oak Hills". The next stop is your destination!
Each contestant can use a single 20x20 lot as building ground. There are currently 9 available locations, marked with fences, and more will be added if several players are interested in participating.
- The theme is fancy houses. They can be built out of anything you want, as long as the result would be a good fit for a nice neighborhood.
- Each player can claim a single 20x20 lot to build.
- The houses can't step over or beyond the fences in any way.
- Basements are allowed, but again, they can't stretch beyond the lot's limits.
- The wooden fences can be replaced with something else, although you'd better ask your neighbors first!
- Outside AND inside counts! Make it interesting and realistic!
- As with anything else on the server, this is survival only. You need to gather your materials first, then get building!
- You have two weeks from now to get your building done. The contest will close on June 15th at 23:59.
Since what is a good contest without prizes? :-) The following will be offered:
- First place: $20 Amazon.com (or .ca) giftcard, offered by Dr. Cossack
- Second place: in-game, refurbished Diamond Sword with Looting III and Sharpness IV, offered by WindRider739
- Third place: in-game, brand new Diamond Pickaxe with Silk Touch I and Efficiency IV, offered by MaximumRose
The houses will be judged on how well they stick to the theme and the creativity used in designing them. Realism is key: create lifelike indoor layouts to score the most points! Three players from the server will evaluate each house to determine the winners.
New player? You need to register to play on the Creeper's Lab, but it's automatic and you'll be playing within minutes! Get started, we'd like to have you with us!