Chinese New Year has come once again and this year, it's the Year of the Rabbit! This means the Year Dealer has a new book for you.
Starting on 22 January 2023 through 22 February 2023 at 5 pm EST you have the chance to complete the challenge of defeating all the Zodiac Years and their "God" for 15 Merit Points! Find some special shrine offerings and cash it in up to 5 times to receive 5 Merit Points each time, for a total of up to 40 Merit Points at the end of the event! *Note: This event is NOT inventory synced at the beginning.
Head on over to Seasonal to explore the shops, find the Zodiacs, find the secret bosses and receive rewards! Just like a real festival, the sound of fireworks are quite loud, so adjust your volume accordingly!
You can access seasonal starting 22 January 2023 from the TransHub in Central on Laurasia. You can get to the TransHub by going to Central. It is right next to the train station and TARDIS. On 1 February 2023, as Grindatron leaves, Seasonal will be accessible via the Challenge World portal in the Lobby.
Where to start:
Upon arrival, you will see a button directly at your feet. Pressing this will give you starting currency, which can be traded for a Starter Pack at the Starting House further down the path. This contains helpful equipment and food to get you started!
After leaving the spawn area, you will notice a large circular Zodiac Calendar on the ground that has 13 Zodiac shrines. After defeating the Zodiac member(s) around the world, make sure to come back and register the Zodiac heads at this calendar! This is the only way to progress through the challenge of defeating their "God".
If you are running out of inventory space, head on over to Public Storage (pixel art of the chest). Use a sign and label your chest (please only take one chest so others have a chance for storage as well). There are more Shulker Boxes for sale in the Convenience store to help save on space and Shulker Drop Zones can be located by looking for a lime green beacon beam.
List of potential rewards:
- Up to 40 Merit Points
- The Angelic Flaming Sword, Holy Shield, and Angel Wings
- The Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi (Upgraded Angelic Flaming Sword)
- Treasure Shrines that reward Material Chests hidden throughout the world
- 5 Guild Black Market Tokens
- 5 Horseman Black Market Tokens
- Transverse Tokens
Hop on over and explore the festival, enjoy the fireworks and most importantly, have fun!
IMPORTANT: Inventories will be synced starting on 22 February 2023 after 5 pm EST through 28 February 2023. Make sure you empty out your end chests, inventories and armour slots on Seasonal before this time frame to ensure you do not lose any items!
When inventory sync occurs, you will still be able to trade in the event currency at the villagers, but you cannot receive any more of this event currency. Keep this in mind as you enjoy the festival!
Changes made from the previous event:
- This event has moved to a new world with more space for travel and activities. It isn't as cramped!
- There are map kiosks throughout the world that allow you to better navigate from place to place.
- Above buildings of interest are large pixel-art markers for that shop or destination, use them to better navigate where you're going!
- A Visitor Center (pixel art of a map) has been added with compasses for purchase that point to all the shops and Zodiac houses for convenience.
- Since there are lots of items to collect, both new and old, a replica Cavern of Science room has been added to showcase all the items you can receive during the Chinese New Year festival. It is in the back of the Visitor Center, so be sure to check it out.
- New currency types have been added to allow the condensing of the Chinese New Year currency: the Bag of Yen and the Chest of Yen. Bags of Yen are worth 18 Yen, and Chests of Yen are worth 64 Bags of Yen. You can also convert this currency into Transverse Tokens, but you cannot transfer it back, so be careful!
- Lamps have been added to each Zodiac house to identify if a boss is currently being fought or not; please be mindful of other players before entering!
- Boss arenas are bigger, and bosses have been rebalanced for better progression/rewards.
- Already have the Angelic Flaming Sword? Well, now you can upgrade it! This works with last year's sword too, so if you want one for display you can always upgrade the one you get this year.
- Public Storage was a single chest per person. This year it is a double chest per person.
- Black Market Guild Tokens and Black Market Horseman Tokens have made their way into the Chinese New Year festival. You can only receive 5 of each token. Remember: Black Market Guild Tokens allow you to skip 1 out of 5 monthly tasks and the Black Market Horseman Tokens allow you to skip 1 monthly quest (Please communicate with the Horseman you are submitting it to and identify what quest you are auto completing).
Special thanks to Reb for setting this one up, and Sora for a lot of the prep work!