Some contests have been held in the past on the Creeper's Lab. You can view the rules for each one along with the results here.
The constructions featured in all contests, as everything else, have been built in pure survival mode. In all contest areas, builds that are obviously incomplete, abandoned or not matching to the given theme might be removed at the staff's discretion after going untouched for two months.
Interested in running your own building contest? Check out the details at the bottom of the page!
Running your own building contest
Building contest are often fun. If you are interested in running one, there are multiple things to keep in mind, so read on for the details!
One contest may run at a time only, and it's recommended (but not obligatory) to wait at least a few weeks between events to maximize the player involvement. Not enough time, and some might decide to pass to focus on their own projects for a while.
For the sake for fairness, contest showrunners and judges are not eligible to win prizes.
Elements to include - be as precise as possible!
- What's the theme, if any?
- What will people be judged on?
- What's the building location? How do people get there?
- Are plots pre-defined, or do people claim the space they need?
- Are there any prizes? What are they?
- What's the building deadline, date and time?
- Do you need help with judging? If so, you might want to ask for volunteers early.
Comments from the judges are often appreciated, but they aren't required when posting the results. Each entry must be given a note between 0 to 10, the higher number being the better score.
Common questions - Think about these!
- Can multiple people participate together? If so, how do any won prizes get split?
- Are people allowed to make multiple entries?
- What building limitations are there? Can people go from bedrock to sky limit, or is it more restricted?
Contest prizes can be pretty much anything you like. They can be in-game items from your personal stash, money, gift cards, or something else. By default, we suggest the following offering of in-game rewards:
- First Place: 50 Merit Points. 5 Merit Vouchers.
- Second Place: 30 Merit Points. 4 Merit Vouchers.
- Third Place: 10 Merit Points. 3 Merit Voucher.
- Event Host: 15 Merit Points. 2 Merit Voucher.
- Judges: 5 Merit Points. 1 Merit Voucher.
When you have answers to most or all of the above, please get in touch with Doctacosa to confirm the details and scheduling.