Java vs Bedrock
The Creeper's Lab supports both Java and Bedrock players, playing together on the same servers!
Internally, the servers are running the Java version of the game, which has a few consequences for Bedrock players:
- When crafting recipes differ, everyone has to use the Java ones.
- Redstone has the Java behavior.
The Bedrock-Java compatibility isn't perfect yet, but is ever improving. There are a few limitations for Bedrock players at the moment, including:
- Java players can't see the skins of Bedrock players.
- Enchantment tables have a different interface, but are accessible.
- The vanilla world border is invisible.
- The following crafting or inventory elements don't fully work yet:
- Horse inventory
- Beacon editing
- Looming table
- Cartography table
- Smithing table
Most if not all of this is expected to be implemented later.
We prepared some workarounds to let Bedrock players access as many features as possible.
Looming table: In Laurasia, at Central, head to the Commercial District to access the Super Loom. There, you can add patterns to a banner, up to 16 layers. Make sure to bring your own banners and crafting materials!
Stonecutter, Composer, Smithing table: At Moosemart, you can find a few villagers that offer the same trades as these crafting tables do, so you can access the same trades without wasting materials!
If you have both Java and Bedrock accounts, you can choose to link them to carry a single inventory across both. This lets you keep on playing seamlessly from anywhere, without having to add both names to your in-game permissions! If you do this, you will use your Java identity everywhere. Here's how to do this:
- From your Java account, enter
/linkaccount BEDROCK_NAME, without the tilde.
- From your Bedrock account, enter
/linkaccount JAVA_NAMEfollowed by the number provided in step 1.
- Bedrock will now disconnect. Make sure that Java is also disconnected, then you can connect using either at any time with a shared inventory and position in the network!
- If you want to break the link, enter
/unlinkaccountfrom either account.
If you want to use your two accounts separately, for example to use one for playing and one for idling, or to be active in two different locations at once, you shouldn't use account linking.
No matter which option you pick, player statistics and achievement tracking will check across both accounts automatically.