Java vs Bedrock
The Creeper's Lab supports both Java and Bedrock players, playing together on the same servers!
Internally, the servers are running the Java version of the game, which has a few consequences for Bedrock players:
- When crafting recipes differ, everyone has to use the Java ones.
- Redstone has the Java behavior.
The Bedrock-Java compatibility isn't perfect yet, but is ever improving. There are a few limitations for Bedrock players at the moment, including:
- Java players can't see the skins of Bedrock players.
- The vanilla world border is invisible.
- Movement on non-full blocks can be odd at times.
Most if not all of this is expected to be implemented later.
We prepared some workarounds to let Bedrock players access as many features as possible.
Looming table: In Laurasia, at Central, head to the Commercial District to access the Super Loom. There, you can add patterns to a banner, up to 16 layers. Make sure to bring your own banners and crafting materials!
If you have both Java and Bedrock accounts, you can choose to link them to carry a single inventory across both. This lets you keep on playing seamlessly from anywhere, without having to add both names to your in-game permissions! If you do this, you will use your Java identity everywhere. Here's how to do this:
- Join the
link.geysermc.orgserver using both your Java and Bedrock accounts.
- From your Java account, enter
- From your Bedrock account, enter
/linkaccountfollowed by the number provided in step 2.
- Both accounts will now disconnect. You can join the Creeper's Lab using either at any time with a shared inventory and position in the network!
- If you want to break the link, from either account, go back to
/unlinkaccount. This will take a few minutes to apply
If you want to use your two accounts separately, for example to use one for playing and one for idling, or to be active in two different locations at once, you shouldn't use account linking.
No matter which option you pick, player statistics and achievement tracking will check across both accounts automatically.