Tips & Tricks
The following commands are available to use within the game. Most of these are only available for "trusted" users, that is players who have been recognized as reliable and trustful on the server.
- /time: get the current in-server time
- /rules: see a reminder on the server's rules
- /biome: check in which biome you're currently active
- /msg <username> <message>: send a private message to username
- /reply <message> or /r <message>: reply to the last private message you received
- /choptree on: turns on the quick tree felling option. Hit the bottom log of a tree, and it'll all come falling down! Use /choptree off to turn it off afterwards. Be careful not to bring something down too quickly!
- /lobby: return to the server lobby at any time.
Chest, Door, Furnace and Dispenser protection
You can protect your chests, doors, furnaces, dispensers, droppers and hoppers so that either only you or selected people can access them. Use this to safely store the treasures you find during your adventures, or lock the door of a private home area! Newly placed chests will default to a private lock, available only to you. After typing most of these commands, you then need to left-click ("punch") on your target to apply the command.
- /cpublic: secure a target so that everyone can use it, but no one can steal it away from your control
- /cprivate: set the target so that only you can access it
- /cmodify <username>: give to username the ability to access your door or chest
- /cpassword <password>: lock the target using the given password. Useful for sharing items between a group of players!
- /cunlock <password>: unlock the target with password
- /cremove: remove all protections from the target
- /cautoclose on: cause a door to automatically close itself after a few seconds
- /cpersist: enter it to run several commands like /cremove in a row. Enter it again to disable it
- /credstone on: ensure that a door can't be opened through redstone power
Home Protection Program
You've spent hours upon hours to create the perfect house, or a special building, or an attraction of some sort. You're proud of your efforts. However, you're afraid that someone could drop by unannounced, break walls and wreak havoc with your latest creation while you're away. How can you prevent that from happening?
Enter the Home Protection Program. This allows your buildings or whatever you spent time on to be protected so that only you or a list of authorized people will be able to make any changes to the area. Visitors won't be able to break walls, add blocks, plant signs or anything else without your permission. This is used to complement the door and chest locking mecanism described above. You can also allow friends to be able to work in the protected area even after it's locked.
To have this applied, contact the admin, Doctacosa, or any of the operators in-game and we'll take care of it!
If you want to work underwater, put a pumpkin on your head! It will allow you to breathe underwater and stay there as long as you like without drowning.
Creepers, ghasts and Withers won't damage the land as they attack, but they can and will try to kill you! This means that your constructions won't get constantly damaged, but you still need to be careful.
Endermen do not have the ability to pick up blocks, as this constantly damages the landscape.
The End is available for visits and dragon slaying. Laurasia's gets periodically reset so that everyone gets a chance to team up (or go solo!) to defeat the great evil. As such, don't plan to build there as it'd get lost. Rodinia's End is permanent.
You can sleep to skip the night as soon as 50% of the online players are in bed; you don't need to reach that elusive 100%.