November is back, and since it's the 11th, it means that the Creeper's Lab is now seven years old! That's a long time for an online game and community to be running, and I'm proud to say that we're in a good position to keep on going for a good while! My thanks go to everyone, no matter how old or new you are around these parts!
Quite a bit has happened in the last year, most notably the following:
- The launch of the Grindatron, a month-long event where players need to find and return a specific amount of an item every few hours. Hint: That's coming back eventually!
- A wider rotation of challenges now take place in the lobby for greater variety.
- The launch of several always-running events: the Lost Woods, the Hunter's Lodge, Wychwood forest and the Horseman quests.
- The move to a new dedicated server with increased capacities.
- The update to Minecraft 1.13, which took many, many hours of work to ensure that it'd go smoothly.
With a major game update now (mostly) out of the way, I'm ready to move forward with new projects for the community. We've got a bright future ahead of us!
I'd like to take a moment to thank all those who generously support me on Patreon. With their help (as small as $1 a month), I'm able to cover the current costs of the server along with planning future expansion that'll benefit to everyone!
The first major project on that list of items I want to get done: the Creeper's Lab newsletter!
This is something I've alluded to in the past: starting now, we'll be sending up a monthly email newsletter to interested subscribers to recap what's going's on with the Creeper's Lab and its community. Some issues will include exclusive content, this month's being a new render of the Creeper Citadel. The first issue has been sent out today!
Sounds fun? You can subscribe today to make sure you never miss anything important! If you want a preview of what's to come, here's a copy of the first issue.