As many of you are aware by now, the update to 1.13 broke a fair amount of features and functionality that the staff has been busy fixing. Here's the status of some notable items.
Ongoing events and features
- The Creeper Citadel is fully operational and includes villagers for 1.13.
- The challenges of the End Arena are back online.
- The three regenerating structures, including Requiem and Nyx, are fixed.
- The raid boss at the Hunter's Lodge is back, with lowered HP to compensate for the downtime.
- The three difficulty levels of the Hunter's Lodge are currently unavailable.
- Famine's Woods and the Lost Woods are not available right now, but should be soon.
- Most of the teleporters are currently broken; they will hopefully be back by next weekend.
The resource packs have been updated to the 1.13 format thanks to Sphen! This includes the Standard pack along with the Notato and Classic Rock addons. You can download them all from the resource pack page. Speaking of, Sphen is always looking for suggestions on updates to the packs; if you have any, or ideas for new music packs, please contact him through Discord!
Secondary features like achievements aren't being processed, but that should settle down soon. In the meantime, the stats like blocks placed/broken, deaths and damage and so on should still be counted properly.
The new animals like live fish and dolphins spawn into the existing oceans. However, the new structures and plants like kelp and coral are only found on Tasmantis or by exploring new areas. At the same time, we've got plenty of existing oceans on Laurasia or Rodinia that could be repurposed. As such, I'm offering you the option to convert ocean locations near your builds to the new format. Please get in touch with me if you're interested, while being specific on the areas that you want changed. This will only be done on unbuilt and unchanged oceans, as the procedure will erase whatever has been built or dug at that location.
Note that the type of ocean you'd get is whatever the game will spawn: it could be a large coral reef, a set of icebergs, plain water, anything, so consider this while planning things out! This will only really work in 1.8+ chunks, as the older ones will likely generate something that's not water.